Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme in which we make lists about a certain topic. This meme is hosted at The Broke and the Brokish
This week's theme is "top ten words/topics that make me not pick up a book"!
1) Biographies: For some reason, I find biographies extremely boring and I will run away from them if I can.
2) Classics: They just scare me and besides, I always have trouble connecting with the characters and the story
3) Historical fiction: I have no interest in queens and kings, which is ironic since I read a lot of historical fiction when I was younger... (I guess that The Game of Thrones is an exception...I mean, can it be considered historical fiction?)
4) Fantasy: Again, ironically this was the genre I read the most when I was like 12, I think I just grew tired of it...
5) "Overweight main character who gets skinny throughout the book and guys start noticing her": This one angers me on a deeper, personal level...being overweight myself I would like to read about someone like me but who doesn't need to loose weight to find love..is it really that hard?
6) Erotic fiction: Just not for me, I think I would feel all cringy reading it.
7) Extremely serious and possessive main guys: I like cute and sweet guys...the serious and possessive ones scare me (not just in books...)
8) "Half naked people looking longingly at each other" and "too much face" in the covers: This one is a little hard to explain for me but there are covers where I take a look at them and I don't even want to know what's inside...some of them just look kind of tacky I guess...
9) Adult fiction: When I say adult, I mean tha age of the characters..if they are like in their 40's (and sometimes even in their 30's) I feel that there is a huge age gap and find it hard to connect with the character.
10) Non-fiction: I just don't see the appeal and I also have a bit of a trauma with my local library which only has non-fiction and a couple of classics..seriously, that thing hasn't seen a new book since 1970!