terça-feira, 28 de maio de 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #1

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme in which we make lists about a certain topic. This meme is hosted at The Broke and the Brokish
This week was a freebie and there was no mandatory theme, everyone chooses what they want! After thinking a lot, I decided to go with an easy one (since it's my first one) So it's going to be Top Ten Favourite Book Covers of 2013! (You can click the image or the name of the book and it will take you to their Goodreads page)



1) The Color of Rain - Cori McCarthy: I cannot express how much I love this cover. I think the woman is beautiful and the way how she's looking into the distance gives it a nice touch. Another thing that drew me to this cover is the background...the colours are mesmerizing!







2) Hurt - Tabitha Suzuma: So, yeah...I may be a bit biased on this one, but I mean...don't you just want to give him a big hug and take him home with you? Because I want...if any of you know who this majestic creature is, please let me know! :3


3) Fault Line - Christa Desir: I don't even know how to start describing this cover. The close-up of the lighter and the flickering of the flames...all I know is that I would buy this book in a heartbeat if I saw it (yes, I know "don't judge a book by its cover" but the blurb sounds really good too, I promise!)







4) September Girls - Bennett Madison: Yes, I am aware of the fact that if there was a "Worst Book Ever" award on Goodreads this book would take it (from the reviews I read, I haven't had the chance to read it yet...) but there's no denying that the cover is quite good. I really like the silhouette and the sparkling things on the blue part of the cover (are they supposed to be stars? Something water-related?)





5) This Is What Happy Looks Like - Jennifer E. Smith: I really like the covers on her books. I like how the title seems to be handwritten as if it was the created by the people on the photo. Again, I'm a fan of silhouettes and the cartoon-ish sun compliments the rest of the cover very well!


6) Tumble & Fall - Alexandra Coutts: I really love the lights (I'm like a 5-year-old, attracted to sparkly shinny things). And the way how the guy looks so peaceful next to her. I'm also fascinated with the idea that their faces are both on different parts of the "&" symbol and it kind of reminds me of one of those lockets where people put pictures of their loved ones (Am I reading too much into it? Probably...)






7) Disneylanders - Kate Abbott: This one I think appeals to my inner child (I mean, it's Disneyland!). Besides I love how simple it is...sky and mickey mouse shaped balloons. I think it's quite cute...the only thing I'm not crazy about is the font used on the title.









8) Pivot Point - Kasie West: I really like when you can see dust specles in the sunlight and even though there isn't sunshine in here I realy like the dust. (Am I the only one who thinks she looks like Det. Lilly from Cold Cases?)








9) Goddess - Josephine Angelini: This cover is really nice with all the purple, the blue and the flowy dress. Well, that's it really...it's pretty!









10) The Rules For Disappearing - Ashley Elston: I like how the girl is running and you can see those crushed flowers on the ground, like she had to run away in a hurry (which, from the what I could read on the blurb sounds pretty plausible)







So, what do you guys think of my picks? What are your favourite covers in 2013? 

6 comentários:

  1. Goddess has such a beautiful cover!

    www.booknerdsjourney.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Yes, I agree! It is gorgeous! There are some really talented people out there! Thank you for commenting! :D

      Eliminar
  2. Good list, I love the covers of Hurt and Tumble and Fall as well.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you! Hurt is definitely one of my favourites! :)

      Eliminar
  3. Gorgeous list! I just got my copy of Goddess! So excited to get to it!

    Sabrina @iheartyafiction

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you so much! Tell me what you think about Goddess when you finish it! I hope you love it! :)

      Eliminar

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please, feel free to leave a comment! I try to answer everytime! :)